Minutes of the May MWA General Membership Meeting
President Rob Schraff called the meeting to order at 7:35 PM.
PROGRAM- SOLAR POWER SYSTEMS
Matt Moses, Principal of Mimeos Solar systems spoke. His firm builds both commercial and residential solar power systems. There's a three-part process involved with installation: consultation, education, and installation. His presentation covered the following items:
- Why install a solar power system now?
- What makes a house a good candidate for installation of a solar system?
- What are the incentives for the installation of a system?
- How much does a system cost?
Matt presented information, passed out literature, and responded to members' questions. The members then discussed the presentation.
- (By Natalie Seaman and Julie Nagesh) See us if you are interested in mosquito-killing devices.
- (By Natalie Seaman) The Gardening Club will meet on May 26.
- (By Jerry Schneider) The plant known as "The Tree of Heaven" is invading public spaces and wiping out native plants. It needs to be abated. See Jerry if you would like access to a professional applicator of chemicals that will abate this plant.
- (By Pilar Buelna) The Friends of Mount Washington School will be having a Flea Market on June 4th in the parking lot of Superior Market on Figueroa Street. Funds raised from sales of old/unwanted items will go to the school. Please support the Flea Market by bringing your old or unwanted items to the sale.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 PM.